Sunday, December 16, 2012

Paris Breakfast on the Cheap

After a fun-filled week I found myself a little short of funds this weekend. Well, a lot short of funds. I buy a lot of food, okay? Oh alright and wine. And I realized I had nothing in my kitchen but some jam, honey, and powdered sugar. I meant to buy regular sugar of course but my French is not spectacular. I technically do have money in the bank, but seeing as my bank card does not arrive for another 9 days and the bank is closed until Tuesday, I was left with a mere 6 euros to feed myself until then. What's a poor au pair to do? Well, I put on some makeup so as to feel like a functioning human person and ran to the closest open pattiserie for a baguette.

Friends, have you ever had a really fresh baguette? A baguette still warm from the oven; that is soft, crispy, buttery, and delicious? That was my breakfast (and lunch I suppose) and it was perfect. Spread with a little strawberry jam and paired with some hot tea, ah, I want for nothing. I settled in to watch The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Extended Cut obviously) and enjoy a delightfully dull Sunday.

I just wonder if I can afford a little camembert for dinner with my remaining 5 euros.

No comments:

Post a Comment