Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Paris Vacation

No, I haven't left Paris to go on vacation, just that since Katie has been here I have done all the vacation-y things one does when on vacation in Paris. It's ridiculous that I've been here for over a month and still hadn't done half the things we accomplished in 5 days. We:

Took five hundred million pictures of the Eiffel Tower from about seven different angles, 

went up to Montmartre to eat fondue and tour Sacre Coeur, saw Notre Dame, went to the Place des Vosges, went to the Marais and waited an hour for the most delicious falafel in the world, took a boat tour, went to the Louvre, walked along the Seine, admired monuments, shopped,

...and drank lots and lots of wine.


And we've still got two days to go. We're planning the Musee D'Orsay, Catacombs, maybe Rodin museum, and Versailles of course. 

I've actually seen more of Paris being a tourist with Katie then by actually living here. I didn't feel the need to get all touristy because I figured I'd eventually discover all of these things anyway. Like, I'd just wander into Sacre Coeur on a random Sunday while doing my errands. I wanted to experience the life of a true Parisian! You know, I know my life is supposed to be perpetually magical and lovely because I am in Paris and everything, but the fact is that Parisian life is really not that much different from actual life. Turns out just running off to Paris on a whim isn't going to change everything. Damn.

Still, I have to admit, popping the champagne as the Eiffel Tower lit up at midnight on New Years Eve, that was pretty magical. 

No comments:

Post a Comment