Friday, April 12, 2013

I Hope I Don't Get in Trouble with the French Government for This...

But I'm going to share with you the secret of French cooking. 

Are you ready?

You're sure?

Oh alright then. Here it is.

A little grain mustard and some crème fraiche.

That's it. Particularly the crème fraiche part. Crème fraiche goes in everything. We put a little crème fraiche in purées, baked goods, virtually any sauce, on chicken, beef, I've never made soup here but I feel pretty confident that any recipe includes a little crème fraiche. Not that I'm complaining of course. I mean, have you ever tasted crème fraiche? 

So, here is the sauce I have on basically any meat I eat here. In the skillet in which you've just cooked your chicken/pork/steak/what-have-you, add a dollop of Dijon to the leftover juices and stir. Then add a slightly larger dollop of crème fraiche. Add a little chicken broth or white wine for good measure. Pour over everything on your plate and congratulate yourself on mastering French cooking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment