Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Firsts and Lasts

I would have blogged last week, but I swear I have never had more friends or more plans. I tried to say goodbye one last time to everyone that I could but I still have a sort of panicked feeling that there are people I forgot. Like the coffee guy at Intelligentsia that I used to buy cookies from! If you're reading this, I'm sorry coffee guy. I meant to buy one last cookie from you but I was late for plans with someone else. So good luck with your future endeavors, coffee guy. I wish you nothing but the best. 

I wanted to get done all those things I'd been talking about doing for months or years but never got to. In this spirit, Carlo agreed to wake up early on Saturday to wait in line for 45 minutes with me at the famous Doughnut Vault. The doughnuts did not disappoint. 
I can't believe how many of these we ate
I also had plans to have a Star Wars movie marathon, because Carlo has never seen them. Anyone who knows me of course knows this already because I simply cannot let it go. But we couldn't find them on iTunes, and they weren't available on Netflix. So we went to Best Buy and for a moment we thought we'd succeeded. Carlo triumphantly presented me with a 3 disk set of Episodes IV, V, and VI which we then happily bought before realizing that they were BluRay and we do not have a BluRay player. Which is especially unlucky considering that Best Buy no longer stocks DVD versions of Star Wars at all. I think Carlo was actually considering spending $80 on a BluRay player for a moment, before he realized that he would be spending $100 to watch Star Wars. "I'm sorry, K," he told me sadly. "I just can't." 

In the end we were too busy packing, running errands, and making last minute visits for much else anyway. And now I'm in Detroit for the week, and trying not to think about how much I'm going to miss running errands with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment