Monday, November 12, 2012

Last Week at the Office

Today is the first day of my last week of work, and I feel... the same.

There's still a pile of paper on my desk. There are still a million tiny tasks that never seem to get finished. There's still no coffee table in reception. And nobody has started interviewing for my replacement.

I feel like I'm leaving a project halfway through. I helped, in a small way, to put this office together, and I won't be here to see it finished. The coffee table thing is really killing me. The reception area has been almost finished for months. It's almost put together. It almost looks great. The carpet and pictures I chose look nice. The furniture is sophisticated and tasteful. But it is arranged surrounding a big empty space of carpet so clearly, desperately, wanting a coffee table that it's making me a little crazy.
See what I mean?
I think I've mentioned this need about once a week for the past three months. I've been so obnoxious about it that now any mention of the missing coffee table comes with a smirk and a side-eye at me. But apparently construction on it has now been started and it will most likely be here some time next month. When I'm in France. And they say Americans don't do irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment