Friday, November 30, 2012

My Aura is Blue and White

Bisous
I find that I am having a little trouble filling my many hours of down time with interesting things to do. I have no friends as of right now, you remember. So yesterday, to take a break from my usual routine of trying not to be intimidated by French teenagers, I decided to take a walk to the Eiffel Tower.  It's not far from me, after all. It's also basically impossible to get lost, because it is huge. 

On my way, I first passed the gentlemen pictured above, who implored me to add their photo to "le facebouk." Congratulations gents, you are now internet famous - to my friends and family who read this blog anyway. 

The next person I met was an older Sri Lankan gentleman, who began to tell me interesting facts about the Eiffel Tower and the universe in general. "I was in Himalaya, you know Himalaya? In the deepest part of the mountain, and I stayed there for (Three months? I think. Maybe it was a year...)"

"Wow." The only appropriate response, right?

"We ate the flowers and drank water. Well you know you get very good at meditating. I can read auras."

"Oh really?"

"Your aura is amazing." (Of course it is). "I don't talk this way with just anybody you know. It's blue and white. And blue, you know, means purity."

Le sigh. Why is pure always the first thing anyone thinks when they see me? I'm not saying I want to be Marilyn Monroe or anything, but the Virgin Mary thing does get a bit old. 

Well, the Sri Lankan guy then asked for my phone number so we could talk about God and love and fear and doubt some more, at which point it became time to skeedaddle. 

"Thanks man, but I don't actually have a phone number." (Not a lie. At the time.) I then departed to ponder the mysteries of the universe alone, the way I like it.

So, anyone who reads auras want to confirm or deny?

No comments:

Post a Comment